Today was such a wonderful day! I woke up pretty early, sat next to the window in our bedroom and enjoyed the beautiful sunrise. Then I took a shower, got dressed and picked up my mom... we drove to church where we had the great opportunity to meet and hug sweet Mary Ellen Edmunds... an author from our church. She was a special guest at our meeting and gave the most wonderful talk. I bought two of her books, which she lovingly signed for me, personally. The two books I bought were "You Can Never Get Enough of What You Don't Need" and "Love is a Verb". I'm so excited to read them and see what I can learn from them. The Relief Society from our church, which is an organization for women, put on this special event, and it was so beautifully done. Each table was set beautifully with a vase of fresh flowers. Our brunch consisted of quiche, fruit salad, and baby spinach salad. Mary Ellen Edmunds is quite the speaker. I think she said she was in her 50's, and she is so incredibly funny! Yet I walked away today feeling so refreshed and alive and ready to conquer the world!
My mom and I spent a few more hours together catching up and then I headed home, because we were supposed to go to my in-laws to celebrate my niece Melanie's birthday (which is a day after mine on the 20th.) When I got home I went into the bedroom to find a dozen fire and ice roses in a beautiful vase sitting on my dresser. (they are my favorite roses) Laying next to it was a card from my husband. I got a little emotional as I read the card and thanked Adam for the beautiful flowers. Nothing brings a smile to my face more than a vase full of beautiful flowers form my husband. I guess he decided to let the moment soak in before bringing on the next surprise...
As I have said before, I have a little business that I want to start (I can't reveal just yet what it is all about because it's a surprise!). I had been talking for a while about wanting to set up a webpage, and I often bring it up to Adam. Well, after I had soaked in the beautiful flowers, he said... "I wonder if your name missnoeitall has been taken?" (meaning the domain name) I said I didn't know so he suggested we should look. I just figured it may have been an afterthought of something he could do for my birthday, but when I went there, this is what I found...
www.missnoeitall.com
Nothing else needs too be said... just click on the link to see my best birthday gift ever!
Saturday, March 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment